Guidance Information for Parents
The counselors in the Huntingdon Special School District believe:
- Each student has dignity and worth.
- Each student can achieve academic, social and emotion, and career success when given appropriate and timely support and interventions as well as rigorous and relevant instruction.
- Each student's ethnic, cultural, racial, gender, or economic differences, and special needs should be recognized and respected throughout the implementation of the school counseling program.
- All students will have equitable access to a comprehensive school counseling program delivered by a credentialed school counselor.
- The school counselors will use data to design, implement, evaluate, and continuously improve the comprehensive school counseling program.
- The school counselors will collaborate with students, families, stakeholders, and community partners to meet student needs.
- The school counselors will abide by the ASCA Ethical Standards for School Counselors.
Be sure to look at the "Files" link to the right to access to free "Guidance Giveaways."